Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Peter Pan in the garden

Well hubby and I are flying up to Darwin for a week for a reconnaissance before we move there to take up a 2 year contract. As I am not sure if my mobile net link will work up there (my mobile provider doesn’t list the NT as part of its coverage area), I thought I would load some photos up.

First up are some photos of the most wonderful Peter Pan statue that resides in Queen Gardens near the WACA.


I really love all the different animals that are twined around the base of the statue:

(Sorry about the photo quality – these were all taken on my mobile phone camera!)




Secondly to tie in with the aprons and my love of all things kitchen appliance and accessories, I decided to have a go at customising my own tea towels. Baines Manchester had plain blue 100% Indian cotton for $1.00 each. After buying a few I decided to try my hand at applique.
Below is the one that I ended liking the most- butterflies cut out of fabric scraps, reinforced with iron Vilene and zig zag stitched:

Finally a picture of my cat Gremlin, who loves to keep me company while sewing...

No comments: