Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bargain! Op-shopping in Northcote

Seeming as my camera computer cable is still M.I.A (no doubt shoved in a box somewhere in the spare room) I thought I would share with you my latest find on the vintage pattern front. Luckily my printer/scanner is intact and in working order so I can show you the covers in all their retro goodness :)


First up some very groovy blouses in a variety of styles- dig the hairdo's! On the right a lovely 4 colour print displays the stylings of Weigel's quilted nightgown and nightdress ensemble. Obviously kitten heels are a must for any self respecting housewife in the 1960's :)

Next another nightie set in a choice of 2 sleeve and hem lengths. Note the "racy" pose of the figure at the bottom showing the matching bloomers- Miaow!

A sporty style button front dress and another dress with an slightly 1940's (50's?) look to it. Except for the hairstyling which looks pure 80's.

An office ensemble which wouldn't look out of place in a James Bond film- on Miss Moneypenny of course :)  On the right is a dress with an interesting tie-front / seam line combination.


Finally my favourite two of the lot : a very interesting selection of blouses (amazing the amount of variety when compared with today's patterns) and a lovely dress with unusual front darts and  a wrap around skirt.
If I ever get better at grading patterns up a size I'll definately be giving the 4920 dress a go.

 I am guessing that these are mail order patterns published in the 1960's and 1970's. Most appeared to have been printed in U.S.A - except for the Weigels - which gives a Moorabbin Victoria  factory address. How interesting to think that once we might have had a local pattern publisher.
All up this bundle of patterns cost about $2 total.
Not a bad haul for what was an unexpected - and unplanned- shopping trip :)

No comments: