Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

This year I will...

I know its a bit late to be making New Year's resolutions but I thought posting these sewing ones might increase the chances of them actually happening ;D

I Kate, of Kate Sews, do solemnly swear that in 2013:

- I will try not to buy any new fabrics or patterns until at least my birthday in June, unless they are absolutely essential to finishing a project and do not constitute more than 25% of the finished garment (fantastic retro/vintage finds at op-shops shall be exempt from this, but only if they are exceptional examples).

- I shall try to reduce my fabric stashes by at least 50% for dress fabrics and 30% for craft/upholstery fabrics 


 - I will try to sew from a pattern from my stash at least every two months.

-I will add at least 6 newly sewn garments to my wardrobe this year.


OK so maybe these are not earth shatteringly difficult resolutions to hold to but I think combined with work and motherhood it will be enough to keep me busy ;)

Like my "Stash Bustin" button? You can get one here from the " 'So, Zo... What Do You Know" blog (which I found via Button Lover's blog- thanks Ellen!).

No comments: