Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Impluse pattern purchase

I succumbed to the temptation of Collette Patterns "Snippets" newsletter and brought a PDF version of their latest dress pattern - The Hawthorn- at 15% off.
How cute is this dress? And doesn't the model just echo Joan from Mad Men (more than a little deliberate I think)? I mean sure Betty is beautiful in her own manic way, and Peggy wins hands down for the way she strives ahead in a 1960's male dominated industry... but honestly isn't Joan the character we all want to be (maybe secretly), with her Va-Va-Voom figure and dress sense?
Clever marketing Collette, I wonder if you hooked me in on model choice alone.... ;)

Til next time...

Happy Sewing (and printing/taping/cutting if like me you are using PDF patterns!)

Kate :) 

No comments: