Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

In between projects (a little bit of knicker making)


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEigt0SWmt7XUrG-MDZpCAEst3rsON7iMnUkCZ7R7HVVvnCqLxeGFPLvhffZD1Qh0yI7fyqfwGzCFCJpg28YKDpVf2p_iRnl-4CxTOgQ5YdT_mSu2UtbJQf0rjzIcTfNptkh5vhEuET9qaU/s1600/SAM_0505-788197.JPG
I'm sure that by now you have already seen way too many images of my homemade undies so I'll just let you know that yes I'm at it again.
Same Kwik Sew pattern, maybe a few different fabrics (this time I splurged and brought some bamboo knit from Fabulous Fabrics...woo-hoo!).
I must say that knicker making is becoming a regular feature in my yearly sewing calendar. Every few months or so (as seasons change or a new wardrobe item demands) I'll pull out [my now] TNT pattern and cut a batch out. Then sloooooooowly (only because I find it a bit tedious after the cutting!) over the next few weeks sew them up. Maybe it's time to shake things up a bit an try out a new pattern? I have quite a few "retro" (circa 1980's) underwear patterns in my stash BUT the Jalie 2568 pattern has caught my eye recently, so who knows ;)

And to those who DIY their own...

Happy Undies Sewing!

Kate :)



No comments: