Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another year (can I stop counting now?)


Yes I'm a whole year older! It was the Winter Solstice this weekend, which means it was also my birthday too, which meant gift receival from hubby and the kidlets :

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhrt1n7OuPjyqEKDQ1WvoMr8mLk-AJ47-eokzItRNF933mL5NR8WQ74jG0PtcPJnh3S7PMWB9h65hjP2IY58ddGjITgKEZpwcHNwCMB7uRZYvXyxTZEsmyDUCHSn6fvuSe5vX83LkwMD1c/s1600/photo-727459.JPG
Yummy smelling WoodWick candles, a gardening book and a sewing book. Who knew that my 4 yr olds could pick such appropriate presents for their mummy ;)

Plus a cake with candles on it. 
Three candles to be precise...thats all we had in the house and frankly 36 candles would most likely be a fire hazard (and darn tricky to light to boot). 

I also had a few online ordered goodies that I had "gifted" to myself in the lead up to my birthday (anytime in the month beforehand is fair game in my mind)- some Mox shoes (super comfy!) and a couple of Lekala patterns. Super excited to finally be trying out the Lekala patterns as I've heard lots of good feedback about them. They are drafted to your custom measurements (that you enter yourself) and as a added bonus they have some freebie patterns to download, so you can try before you buy :)

Going back through my older posts tagged under "birthday" (I like to try and make sure I don't use the same title post/introduction ) I found this post from 2009. Gee how much has my life changed since then! :D

Happy Sewing !

Kate :)

No comments: