Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

1950's inspiration

Looking for some inspiration for that galaxy-style dress pattern you haven't gotten around to making, or simply love the glamour of 1950's bombshells? Then check out Daddy-O's website- who have the most fantastic and cutest range of 1950's style dresses I have ever seen!
I only just found out about this site due to my work colleague Mel, however I think I will be a regular Daddy-O's online browser from now on!
The cut and colour combinations are just too cute- and if you can't be bothered knocking up something similar yourself I have it on good word that they ship to Australia.
Also the styling and choice of models for their product photography is just spot-on for clothing of this era- I love the make up, hairstyles and individuals used in each. Plus as a bonus quite a few of the outfits appears to go beyond the ambiguous S-XL sizing, great for all us ladies who don't fit into an "average" size range.

Some of my favourite outfits are:
This beautiful "Veronica" dress by Stop Staring, just tell me you can't see it being worn by a sultry nightclub singer?
This red, white and blue "Marion" dress, also by Stop Staring, kind of has a 1950's secretary feel.
This nautically themed dress- reminds me of Christina's "Candyman" music video.

My colleague Mel is thinking of ordering something from this site so hopefully I will have a chance to see what the quality of fabric/workmanship is like.
BTW in case you are wondering I know this isn't strictly a sewing site review and NO I haven't received anything for writing about this site (just in case anyone thinks this is a sneaky way of doing underhand advertising!). It's just that I love so much how different this clothing line is from what we (in OZ at least) have available in stores that I had to share!
Also by "snoop shopping" fashion sites like this I hopefully will be to be more adventurous- and creative- in my own future fashion projects:)

1 comment:

angie.a said...

Ooh thanks for the Daddy'O's link. My kind of snoopshopping too!!