Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I could waste a lot of time on this...

I found this website when looking through one of the finished contest galleries on http://www.sewing.patternreview.com/ (I can't remember whose review it was that I first saw use of this web application on -I think it was an "Endless combinations" one - if it was you let me know and I will acknowledge you ! :) ):
http://www.scrapblog.com/default.aspx
If you have always wanted to scrapbook but have not have the $$$$ to fork out on all the trimmings give this a go! It's free to create your own "scrapbook" and the graphics program is quite sophisticated for a freebie IMHO!
There are lots of background, frames, "stickers" and fonts to play with, plus you can check out other peoples Scrapblog (if they are open to public) as well! This would be a wonderful way to keep in touch with loved ones far from home.
Some people have used this site to create visual diaries for art which I think is FANTASTIC- truly today's artist must be able to present their works in a variety of formats and marketplaces. Imagine being able to apply for art courses at universities around the world by having them access your virtual online diary? And maybe getting real-time feedback on said diary and presentation?
Anyway enough of a rave/ramble about Scrapblog- I just like it as it enables me to show my sketches (the few I have
scanned) in a book-like format (click on "Kates Visual Virtual Diary" if you are interested).
If someone was savvy enough they could do a online fashion shoot for free using this sort of web application - let me know if its you :)

No comments: