Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pictures from Rathdowne Fabrics and Remnants

Yesterday I managed to go back to Rathdowne Fabrics and take some long overdue pictures, so I can show you all the wonderful fabrics they have! (I might have also managed to do a little shopping for myself ...)

First up is the absoulutely gorgeous vintage Swiss Guipure lace- I so badly want to buy some of this, even if it was only a little piece to embelish a nice summery top:



Next is a table full of beaded evening fabrics, unfortunately I don't have anywhere to go at the moment that require this :(


A couple of unusal Nylon lace fabrics- not sure exactly what you would use this for but they look very interesting. I wonder if they are vintage ?


A fabulous selection of wool/cashmere and wool blend coatings, great for chilly Melbourne weather :



Some devore style and patterned stretch velevets - I love the yellow leaf pattern!


Just some of  the terry towellings available, quite a few different textures and weightings. Also LOTS of colours YAY!!


Pre-quilted/padded fabrics in the upholstry section. I have my eye on that middle roll for a nursery play mat :)


Plain lycras suitable for swim and gym wear.


Plus a pretty darm good selection of printed swimsuiting, enough to inspire me to have a go at sewing my own bathers post pregnancy:


Lots of trims, love the pom-poms!


...and more trims. Beaded, feathered, sequined you name it its there! This was only maybe a third or so of what they have in the trims/ribbons section, there was also a few rows of drool worthy lingerie laces that I deliberately kept away from :)


Finally what did I end up buying? Well I was really good and just got a few essential items (more thread, wide elastic for pregnancy waistbands) plus this print fleece :

Yes it's Miffy!!!!! I'm stoked as Miffy was one of the favourite characters with the kids when I was doing library storytime, plus the fleece is a really nice quality :) Can't wait to start sewing this one up! 

You can read about my previous visit to Rathdowne Fabrics & Remnants here and my store review here on Sewing Pattern Review.

2 comments:

Sew Wilde said...

What a great looking fabric store! I definitely could spend hours and lots of money in there.

Julie

Kate S said...

Hi Julie - Yes its a fantastic store! And luckily for me (though maybe not for my bank account!! ) its only around the corner from where I live :) Expect to see a lot more purchases coming from there......