Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Yellow Kwik Sew 2978 Baby Romper

Finally putting up a picture of the romper I finished a week ago (so slack), and I have to say that I am falling in love with this pattern! I already knew how user-friendly Kwik Sew patterns are but really appreciated it even more when making up a new genre of clothing previously unknown to me - baby clothes!
This time I made up the long sleeved romper (view A) in a size XS:

The only error I had with making this was totally my own fault - I cut the shoulders out back to front (pregnancy brain!). This means I have ended up with a mirror image of how it should look (the buttons should be on the right shoulder) but I am sure that whichever baby ends up wearing this wont care!
Putting the press studs in was again a bit of a fiddly job, worth it in the end but enough effort was needed for me to decide that I am definately going to invest in a proper press stud "press" as soon as I can afford it!
I'm sure the neighbours must have though we were building the ark with all the banging going on from me hammering the studs in *oops* - maybe next time I'll let them know first...

If you are interested you can read my previous post for the cardigan / pants option here and my review on Sewing Pattern Review for this romper version of the pattern here  .

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job on the romper! I never tried making baby clothes (no matter how much my brother whined, and wanted me to sew for my nephews...I always waited until they were bigger than dolls!)...It looks like you did a really great job!

Kate S said...

Thanks Michelle! I like making baby clothes as they whip up quickly - almost instant gratification :) Now lets hope they fit (lengthwise) when the twins arrive...