Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vintage pattern love

As you may know (or may not) know I'm a pretty big collector of old, retro and vintage sewing books/patterns and notions. Op shops and bootsales always are a good way to find items and even though my free time is considerably less with the twinlets being here, I still manage to find a bargain every now and then ;)
I hadn't really considered looking on the net with the sole purpose of finding vintage patterns, but seeing this skirt (Simplicity3983) made up on We Sew Retro's blog has changed my mind - I WANT this pattern !!!
Besides being from the 1950s (my favourite era) and  freakingly cute, the skirt only has one seam - yep you read right ONE!
Now I know there are one seam skirt patterns out there (I made this one a few years back) but I haven't seen any that look this sweet AND stylish :D
All I need to do now is find and scour online retro/vintage pattern resellers....Anybody got any favourite sites they use?
Happy Sewing :)

Update 12/10/12 - I found a copy on Etsy :D :D!!! Now to wait impatiently for it to wing its way here from America.

No comments: