Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Felt strawberries

I had a lump (benign!) removed from my abdomen a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be simple day surgery but after an overnight stay in hospital, a minor infection and my DD reopening the wound by accidentally jumping on it, what was meant to take a week to recover from has taken three.
So all my big plans for what I would get accomplished in October kinda went out the window but hey at least I have my health and am back on track now :)

The only sewing/craft related thing I had really managed to get into while recovering was a start on these felt strawberries which I found on Lit'l Brown Bird's Passion Blog (there is a free pattern that you can download!). Originally planned on making like five for my kids but then I thought it would be nice to make some for a couple of my kids friends and then I thought "Hey wouldn't it be great if they had like a PUNNET each of felt strawberries to play with and I can box them up and give them to them for Christmas wrapped up like real strawberries..."
So now I have THIRTY freaking felt strawberries cut out and waiting to be sewn up AND embroidered AND stuffed ...and did I mention by hand?

At least being hand sewing I have been able to get through a lot of them while lying on the lounge. Had to reacquaint myself with how to do french knots for the seeds but seeming as I am doing so many of them have decided to change it to a simple running stitch as its heaps faster (for me anyway).
I figure they still look like seeds and the kids probably won't even notice...

Am planning on making up a whole range of felt food for the kidlets but I think next time might be more restrained when it comes to quantity ;)

No comments: