Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas fabric buys

It's getting towards that time of year again when everyone starts thinking about Christmas crafts (or - if you are more organised AKA not me- has already made their crafts!).
This year I'm looking to make a few Christmassy items up for each of the kidlets :)
To that end I've rounded up all the Christmas fabrics I've brought over the last month or so from Spotlight and Textiles Traders, so I can start planning my projects.
This is the batch so far:

Being pre-Christmas the prices of some fabrics were more than I would have liked, take this really cute cat print from Spotlight:


$19.95 a metre ouch! Originally when I saw it I was planning make the kids stocking up out of these and the matching dog print, that is until I saw the price. So I've made do with half a metre and hopefully will find a way to put it to good use.

This flannel reindeer print was an absolute bargain from Textile Trader's at $2 for a metre (end of roll):

I know its pyjama material and flannel is like totally the wrong season for our hot Aussie Christmases but its so bright and cheerful I thought surely it would be OK for craft and at $2 a pop I wouldn't break the bank if it ended up in the bin.
I must have been on the right track as DS broke into my sewing room (OK I forgot the door was open) and I found him trying to stash this piece into his t-shirt drawer (never trust a quiet toddler)! Now I know he likes it I will be sure to use it for him :)

The rest of the fabric I brought were around the $9.95/metre mark. The lady at Textile Trader's Midland had to point out the cute Babushka- style nativity scene on this fabric:

Each time I look at it it grows on me more and more, no doubt I will regret only buying one metre :(

No comments: