Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

So close yet so far...

Ever gone into a op shop/charity/thrift store and picked up something that you have thought is AMAZING, only to discover it doesn't quite stack up?

This happened to me last Tuesday- pawing through a box of patterns I came across what I initially thought was THE sewing pattern find of all time...

...that was until I realised that the pattern was in fact missing ALL the pattern pieces and was really just some instructions in [half] an envelope :(
At least there is a rather nice line drawing of the dress on the instruction sheet:

The staff member at the store said I could have this "pattern" for free as it was missing parts AND I was buying several other patterns. So now I have a lovely bit of a vintage simplicity pattern envelope and instruction sheet.
I can only imagine what might have been if someone had been able to include the pattern pieces as well!
*Sigh*

No comments: