Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

New W.I.P - Lulu Block dress (Popolok design )

Recently Alviana from Popolok Design asked for testers for her latest children's pattern "The Lulu dress"
I was one of the lucky facebook followers who put her hand up in time and now I am currently in the process of sewing up the "block" version of the Lulu dress.
Here's where I'm at right now:

As you can see I haven't strayed far from the original colour design. In fact freakily enough the yellow and aqua cotton drill seems almost a perfect match to the original. I say "freaky" because as far as I know my fabric was brought in Australia and I think Alviana would have gotten hers in Malaysia....

This is a fun pattern to make up, it goes together really easily and the choices for fabrics are endless. I'm really enjoying making this after the rush of Christmas sewing and just look at those colours- how can you not feel happy sewing with that. My scrap basket looks like a bubblegum flavoured icecream hee hee :D

Stay posted for more pics of the end product!

Kate :)

1 comment:

Alviana said...

This is very exciting! I really love your vibrant color scheme. I saw you use striking pink for the center panel, and thinking 'why i didn't think of that'. You did a brilliant job matching it up. Can't wait to see it finish :)

p/s: Haha.. Quite freaky indeed. I feel like you been sneaking in my sewing room and took my scraps... haha.. kidding :p