Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wow that was fun!

My Size 1 LuLu dress is finished and boy did I enjoy this one :D 

I put my hand up to be a pattern tester for Popolok Design and am so glad I did, I haven't had this much fun sewing up a project in ages.
This dress is beautifully easy to make and would be a very satisfying beginner sewing project for a new. Thanks to excellent drafting all the pieces line up darn near perfectly and the step-by-step instructions (with colour photos!) make assembling it a breeze.
With three different style variations and a size range from 1 to 8, you will find plenty of ways to use and adapt this pattern to whatever fashion pallette (or fabrics you have on hand) as your child grows.
I am so stoked that a fellow sewing blogger has released a pattern line. I have followed Alviana's blog for several years and honestly I dont know HOW she manages to do all that she does, what with working fulltime AND being a mother.. She is one very determined home sewing mama!

As I seem to have (hopefully) temporarily misplaced my camera I am relying on my iPhone for photography :(    
Here is a rather basic shot of the finished product on DD :
 
I am hoping for a much better photo-shoot once my camera turns up. 
In the meantime....

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Terri_A said...

This is just super cute!

Kate S said...

Thanks Terri I just love the pattern design, I feel so lucky to have had a chance to test it out :)