Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sewing weekend countdown!

Only three more sleeps until the next Burdastyle Sewing Club Perth weekend away - I can't wait!!!
In July last year I went to the first ever sewing weekend away for the club, two days of sewing, eating and hanging out with like minded people: it.was.AWESOME! Unfortunately I missed the second weekend away due to DS coming down with a bout of tonsillitis (Yep mum was needed big time that week), but so far its looking good for this time around *fingers crossed*.

Last time we were in Dwellingup, but just to keep thing interesting we are going to Moondyne Convention Centre for this meet - how serene and awe inspiring does all that countryside look? Perfect place to attempt something creative I think :)

Sooo of course with hardly any time left to pack (I have two small people to look after tomorrow and my "other" day job the next two days after) I am TOTALLY unorganised and unprepared. Seeing as am taking DH's hard-top ute (he gets the mummymobile for the weekend hehehe)  I'm thinking pretty much that I will just chuck whatever in at the last minute, when packing after the kids are in bed- sounds like a plan eh??
I DO know that I will be taking my already-cut-out-and-waiting-to-go April Rhodes Staple Dress. I have heard GREAT things about this pattern on the blogosphere and I'm dying to try it out, this weekend it WILL happen!
No doubt I will have some blurry iPhone pics (and maybe some slightly better proper camera pics) to share with you after the weekend :D....and maybe some finished items too, so stayed tuned!

If you live in Perth (Western Australia) and are interested in fashion/garment sewing check out the Burdastyle Sewing Club Perth, they are a totally nice bunch of sewing people and weekends away like this are truly something special!!

I must say a huge " thank you" to dear hubby who - even though yes technically it IS his job as dad- is looking after the twinlets while I have my weekend away.
Thanks hun,couldn't do it without you! xxx

If I don't catch you before my big sleepover...

Happy sewing!

Kate :)

No comments: