Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Layby pick up!

 Finally got to pick up one of my Spotlight sewing laybys today. While not overly exciting (i.e. not a new machine or fabric) these are thing that I have been thinking of getting for a while and I think will come in useful. 
Also - if truth must be told- I'm thinking that even if I don't truly know 100% what I'm doing all the time, at least with these tools I might look like I know what I'm doing right? ;) I mean doesn't that tailor's ham and curve ruler just smack of some serious dressmaking going on?

And maybe one day I might just get good enough that I will be needing tools like these all the time, and then I will be soo glad I thought ahead and got them ;) One can dream...

I was spurred into laybying after receiving a "spend $100 get $40 off" in the mail (loyalty clubs do pay off sometimes) and -just in case I missed that_ they also emailed it to me too. Obviously the sewing gods were telling me something ;)

Now I must say that while not being the most patient person when it comes to getting something - I think my generation was the beginning of the "instant gratification" era- I did enjoy going in every week and checking out what new stock was on the floor while I paid my measly $10 on the layby. Knowing I had this (and two more laybys!) to pay off was also a good deterrent for buying anything else.

Currently planning my next big sewing related layby once my other two packages are paid for...

Happy Sewing!

Kate :)


No comments: