Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Seafarer Tops

A while back I gave a sneak peek (and here too) of something I was pattern testing for Sew Much Ado. This pattern has since been released as the "Seafarer top" , basically it's a knit dolmain-style tee with a woven fabric pocket. Very cute...and a easy as anything to sew!!! I think this would make a great first project OR if (like me) you are looking for something quick and easy to sew, well this is your pattern! 
Normally I add at least 10 -15cm to any pattern but for this one it was not necessary!!! I did add the extra for the garments pictured but really it was not necessary- the tops could have happily done without (strategic bunching of fabric used in places). Of course if you are short waisted you might need to alter the pattern but this is the first time EVER I have not needed to change the length to fit me sooo sorry one happy camper here! 
Ok so enough yakking and on to the pics...

Large deco floral print in front of mulberry (neighbour's plant coming over fence) bush

Front on in different light


On a hanger (my preference over actually modelling BUT it probably doesn't give you as much technical information right?)

Flat- see the simple design :)

Shiny metallic woven pocket. LOVE this detail.

Number two version- made with an Italian knit bought from Janome Balcatta. Pocket recycled from a silk/cotton blend Portman's top.

...another view...

...and I added this one cos I think my neck looks better here- oh vanity!!!
So the floral top was just turned and twin needle stitched hems but for the grey cherry blossum print I actually used the arm bands options. I think in a slightly heavier knit the option with arm bands would make a great inter-seasonal (or Perth weather) garment.

This is a little GEM of a pattern, don't be fooled by the simplicity of the style- this will be something you want to wear day in and day out. 

So everyone...

Happy Sewing :) :) xx

Kate x

No comments: