Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Striped cowl neck Kwik Sew 2643

Another bathroom mirror shot, maybe I should glam it up a bit if I keep using it as background ;P

Anyhoo... I made this top up before the blue cowl neck version, but it's been in the wash (cold weather here so it's seen a bit of use).
 The neckline is the original pattern neckline, with a 8 inch band (folded to 4 " wide) sewn on to form the "cowl":

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhXavTT7A08rGg4l5pWtYFc-1peJjc0Em7H7cges60j9qUrADIUnhtrRvdttvg9wzo-1fowARaeQ6kTjBQUDVDA7HiajiNfJg4o3JUjsUZJoLPAKsIUTG0TYaRr3akotxG3CPMK_T2Zij4/s1600/photo-721408.JPG

I did have a more drapey cowl neck in mind when I started making this, but now realise that the cowl/collar extension probably needs to be curved not a straight rectangle or at least wider at one edge. 
I'm not sure if I'll be making any more of these for a while as I feel a bit burnt out after making four in a row, plus with warmer weather around the corner it's probably time to start pulling out summer patterns (or at least complete my half finished summer projects from last year!).

Happy Sewing

Kate :)
 



No comments: