Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Burda Plus WOF jean's are done- finally!

Posting this pic up as I haven't had a chance to take one of these jeans on. I know that really, seeing these on a hanger, tells you not much about how the fit/style of the pattern is in real life,or how well they are made.
 Please be assured that I WILL try to remedy that soon!

Sooo what can I say? These are MUCH looser than anticipated- honestly I can say the requirement for stretch fabric was completely unwarranted in this instance as I have taken so much off centre back and side seams.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjsPZm8bJdnlTINAeyYOOCDdIPHALfs1IVYJAvSsKxFwiwsVoFYFBSN74PfvqUSNpIqWiVT-ijvmYtqoXDpzi9vtfGpPyC8OEZQei284sPs7Z_Z-KPHO_MDUANgkEkh4PfA7rbeM0_pjg8/s1600/photo-781812.JPG
Multiple stitching lines as I tried to take in the side seams.

And below is the centre back seam which i had to take in nearly an inch at the top:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjXRNaEZZbiUgKJ8ZwuF-mEK67HA9aERRG4-8MQawHMmsqZZTOLUYWuZebKnPHpZV3prIq6WGM1K1e9eYROe4mJW-wLgT25n6_OSMZorzGW1s2lFVc_QLwN5Mn84hg2aMxsTHMd6B8KZc0/s1600/photo-700395.JPG



All I can think is that the measurement I'm working off have changed since I had them taken a fair while ago after surgery to my abdomen (yeah I know lazy- this has proven to me that you need to check your measurements before you sew!). I *think* I may have gone down a little in my abdomen measurement due to post-surgery swelling subsiding and organs maybe going where they are supposed to be (I'm not going to say that too loud just in case I'm totally wrong)!

OK so next on my list -after pics of jeans on - is remeasuring my hips/waist area. Let's hope the tape measure has some good news for me ;)

Kate :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

They look really good Kate!

Kate S said...

Thanks Sarah! These were meant to just be a test muslin for the pattern but I think I got a bit carried away (with topstitching and all..). I think next time I'll make a really basic muslin to get and idea of fit prior to getting the upholstry thread out ;)