Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

The jeans ON

My newly made jeans remind me somewhat of the old Golden Book story "Saggy Baggy Elephant" .
Yes I can get them on, but are they flattering? No, not really :(
While I do love me a bit of "comfort factor" built into my pants (hey a girls gotta be able to bend over without flashing to all and sundry ), drag lines/wrinkles are just not flattering and pretty much an insult to any woman's wardrobe.
That this was an insult of my own making, well......one day I will learn (to make a test muslin first)!
Anyway here 'tis in all its "roomy" glory....


I'm actually wondering - looking at these pictures- if this pattern wasn't originally designed for non-stretch wovens? Something to think about for the next pair I make!

Happy [jeans] sewing!

Kate :)

No comments: