Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Retro-style Paris apron (W.I.P)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhE6Q69j4Cr5pGBDNS4MzzlXOvA0vBNIqGTc35GUAqfXM5Nv6e8mOwAXkNk-M-Pts_5YIoqbK6AZMJ_A0Gnd5J-nIC5L4onL6ZK4n4n4AVBWHB1U0AK82yka0k2Qlpo0G_nHjzJVZaMq2c/s1600/SAM_0624-757683.JPG
Nearly finished this apron has been a bit of a "palate cleanser" for me in between bigger projects. A chance to play around with some pretty fabrics and try out some new embellishments, without worrying about multiple pattern alterations/fitting! As a apron ties up it extremely adjustable for fit but still I had to add a bit to length to get the waist ties to sit at my actual waist.
The pattern is McCalls 5643 (OOP) and the apron comes in 3 different misses sizes, which is a surprise to me as I always thought adult aprons were "one size fits most".
Also surprising is that the apron is lined, as most aprons I've brought (new and thrifted) are not. 
I tend to actually use aprons a lot for cooking. I hate having stuff on my hands so having an apron saves my clothes from copping it. 
Also no matter what I'm cooking I always feel a tad more capable and sophisticated with one on ;)

Happy Sewing!

Kate :)


No comments: