Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ouch!

Yes it finally happened- I sewed through my finger :(
Late night+distractions+head cold+ being in a hurry to finish = not ideal sewing conditions.
Lucky it didn't go though any nail or bone (yuk) but the tip of the needle (with the eye and thread attached) embedded itself in my finger tip.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhZVDNtgItXLoqXJVgjpJnqtX39xgMSTTCKdRQCOUgOtiziTwrH7DgU95NAg1l7IjGw13007xlI6VTG1CvwvQW4hLnpJou9iCID_FmN-aTtEhatKC0850pnX-Mq28kxvRjF3I7ZGoDqbKw/s1600/photo-722978.JPG
A souvenier
Cue 5 hour wait in the emergency department until a doctor was free (it was a very busy day there) to come and remove it. 
I felt like a real idiot sitting there waiting with my self inflicted injury next to the scores of people coming in with life threating injuries! 
So take note: DONT DO THIS AT HOME FOLKS!
Watch those fingers when you sew!

Happy sewing (I'm taking a break for a day or so....)!

Kate x

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Youch! Thats gotta hurt!

Kate S said...

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - just more of a shock than anything!