Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Simplicity 5537 shorts

With the promise of warmer weather around the corner I've started thinking about the twins summer wardrobe. Millie, being small and the recipient of many items of clothing, is pretty much sorted this year (unless I want to make her something special myself- which I probably will). Cooper however has pretty much worn down any items of clothing from last year that even had a chance of fitting him again! It must be a boy thing but his clothes really take a beating. No chance of passing anything he has worn on :( 
Time to pull the patterns and fabric out of boxes and see what can be done :)

Luckily a friend had passed me on this pattern which she had used to sew clothes for her (now 8 years old) son. Looks nice and easy....just what I need after dealing with twin toddlers ;) :


Searching the stash yielded a few remnants suitable to be made into shorts:

The skull and crossbone cotton drill was brought last year at Textile Traders with the idea of shorts making, while the camouflage print and denim came from the same friend a year or so ago in her last fabric stash clear out (thanks Fleur!).
A visit to Spotlight ended up with me buying the elephant print cotton drill - they have a whole lot of really, really cute kids and retro style prints in at the moment, I really had to hold myself back to not buy more.
Now I have four pairs of shorts cut out- next thing will be finding time to sew them up.

No comments: