Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

In the meantime...

We've been very busy here recovering from Christmas/New Years and potty training (so much fun with twins...), so sewing has gone on the back burner AGAIN!
 I do have a couple of mega-large cushion covers ready to sew up, but honestly I don't think anyone wants to see photos of them cut out ;)

I thought I'd put up some pics of the stockings being made up, so you can see all the fiddling around I sent myself part crazy with in the lead up to Christmas!

This is what took up the lions share of sewing time, hand stitching the names:
 
Close up of Millie stitching front
Originally I just intended to do small circles for the "i"s on Millie's name, the spirals came about by accident.

Millie stitching back
 Tried to keep the backs as neat as possible, but sometime lack of thread or sheer tiredness made it a little sloppy...luckily the fabric was interfaced so threads being run behind don't show through.
Close up Kate stitching front


Back of Kate stitching

And of course I decided that the name embroidery alone wasn't enough so I added some holly:
Button and felt holly decoration  



The finished cuff fronts:

Cuff fronts embellished and ready to be sewn to cuff back and sides.
There were a few more issues with making these stockings, mostly a design error on my part that I would fix if I ever were to make them again. I'll post more pics up of that when time permits.

Happy sewing!

No comments: