Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blogging musings

One of the great things about writing a sewing blog is being a part of the online community of sewists world-wide and often finding post, blogs or sites that you may have never come across usually. Every now and then I'll have a look at my referring links stats to see what referring sites people may have come from- if its a blog I'll most likely check it out and add it to my "reading list". Invariably I'll also add even more blogs after reading the referring blog author's list of blogs they follow, and then more again when I read their posts and see references to other blogs or comments by other blogger's. 
I also follow many sewing pages and groups on Facebook which filter through to my newsfeed and recently Instagram and Pinterest have led me to to discover even more sewing bloggers as well! 
I love seeing what others are doing, reading their thoughts on sewing (and non sewing) subjects and sometimes I will even join into a conversation or contest if the mood strikes me!
It's through this great big web community that I've been able to test patterns for two amazing independent pattern designers, join a sewing group in my real life world and make many new friends both online and in real life.
I encourage anyone who is toying with the idea of starting a blog to give it a go and get involved with some of the online community's out there. Not only will they help you to grow/develop your blog (and if you're really lucky maybe gain a new reader or two!) and sewing abilities, but it will also perhaps lead you to new and exciting things, or at least fun and maybe adventure!
After all you might not end up getting hundreds of followers but you might - like me- really enjoy the ride!

Happy sewing (and blogging!)

Kate :)


 

No comments: